My first post should probably include a picture from the first 'hive dive' Jay and I did on Friday, June 15, 2012. We were excited by how bright the comb and pollen was. In two weeks, our bees have drawn out the comb on this frame. The photos and videos from this 'hive dive' are on Adam's computer so I'll post them later today.
Oh and Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there, especially my awesome dad, Steve, and 'other-dad' (his phrase) Mark, who I'm quite fond of as well. Here are some photos of our merriment over the years.
It was your post on Facebook that provided me with the info to sign up for bee classes in January. Took the classes and now I'm a certified beek even though I feel pretty clueless at times. I've had my 2 hives of Russians since June 4th. Got real lucky and saw one of the queens last sunday and even got some photos of her! I know I'll enjoy following your blog!
ReplyDelete